Wednesday 18 December 2013

Wedding Days

Thursday through Sunday last week were wedding days. I found myself somewhere in the office, rushing for brother's solemnization. On Saturday, we marched for the bride's side wedding event and on Sunday, his last wedding day is the day that you gently scrape the nasi minyak and chocolate cake.

Seeing your brother getting married and you happily wish him a happy speech, wedding days were a treat to all of us.

Your alarm wakes you up and you are nervous helping the lucky one getting married.  The women were busy helping with the food and the men were busy doing their thing, smoking pipes and wat nots in the hall.
I went to organize my three baju kurungs. Pulled out a scarf to match for the dusty pink brother's solemnization ceremony. The other two scarfs were half moon hehe. "Colours matched? Checked!"

It was a beautiful moment during the solemnization seeing one of your family members is passing a phase in his life to become a husband. Regardless how tiring it was, wedding days bring out the best in everyone. You get to see a lot of people helping in and out and that shows love.

When I look at my brother, seeing him and all of our childhood memories playing at the back of my mind. He was my bicycle partner, bunga api partner in crime since I was five I could not remember. Dedicating my three days were and honor to all of us to help you too. Anyway,  congratulations to you and everyone who is getting married.

How time flies by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment